LifeVest is the world's first wearable defibrillator for patients who
are at high risk for sudden cardiac arrest or sudden cardiac death.
LIFECOR has identified potential patient groups that may benefit from
this type of devices over an implantable defibrillator.
- Post-Myocardial Infarction (MI) patients with complications
- Cardiac surgery patients with complications
- Heart-transplant waiting list patients
- Advanced heart-failure patients
- Patients undergoing drug loading with potentially pro-arrhythmic medications
- Patients who need an ICD, but have a condition that prevents or delays surgery (such as an infected ICD pocket)
- Patients who simply do not want to undergo surgery or have an implant
There's a nicely done Flash demo here.
The unit includes an event recorder that documents whenever a patient
is defibrillated – however, no wireless or remote communications
capapbilities are described. They even have an image library on their site, but sadly no product pictures.