Market trends bring inexorable change. Key drivers in today’s market include:
- EMR adoption and resulting medical device integration
- Continued investment in improving patient safety
- The relentless need to improve hospital patient flow and workflow
As vendors seek continued growth and competitive advantage they look beyond traditional product offerings. Connectivity is blurring the lines between HIT and medical devices.
Lines between established market segments are shifting. Markets seek integrated enterprise solutions; vendors look to leverage differentiation for competitive advantage.
Medical Connectivity Consulting can assist in any or all of the following areas:
Litigation support for both plaintiff and defense as an expert witness and settlement referee. Experienced in affidavits, expert reports and depositions.
Schiller America, et al v. Welch Allyn, Inc. (a search of 'Tim Gee' on this case's page will show my participation in the case), US District Court, Florida Southern District, Civil Docket for Case #: 1:06-cv-21439-JAL
Baxter Healthcare Corporation v. Bond, Illinois Northern District Court, Case #: 1:2008cv01206
Strategic Business Planning
Move beyond established business models and core competencies with confidence. Balance time to market and competitive strategy with available R&D budgets. Ensure that your strategic decisions on new or “hidden” market requirements. Identify all the costs up front for new business strategies.
- New Market Strategy Development
- Core Competency Assessment (R&D, manufacturing, sales, service and support)
- New Business Delivery System Planning
- Competitive Analysis
- Distribution strategy and channel development
Strategic Alliances & Acquisitions
Development and go-to-market alliances or acquisitions – planning, research, due diligence, and business planning.
Complement your in-house product development staff with any or all of the following
- Product Strategy Development
- Product Concept Testing and Validation
- Competitive Analysis
- Requirements Definition
- Use case elicitation
- Regulatory Strategy Development
- Technology Assessment
- Risk Management
- Pricing Strategy
- Customer Workflow Optimization
- After sale installation, service and support
Bringing new features and capabilities to market requires dealing with new decision makers, new market requirements, new sales objections and sometimes new competitors.
- Marketing and Promotion Planning
- Product Launch
- Sales Strategy and Training
Tim Gee, Principal of Medical Connectivity Consulting has over 20 years experience in medical device connectivity and hospital workflow automation with software and medical device vendors. Through this experience, Tim has gained a deep understanding of the new and unique business requirements resulting from medical device connectivity.